Friday, November 18, 2011

How did I get here? (part 4)

So I left off with my acceptance to my job in ATL, which is why I am here and have the opportunity to attend North Point. My man, P, agreed that ATL would be the best option for both of us. We made the decision and I accepted the job offer here in about April. I was unsure when I wanted to start working, but I knew I wanted to take some time off between college and "real life". So all of a sudden graduation was upon us. Before I knew it, I was walking across the stage accepting my diploma and my man was smiling at me from the risers where the Glee Club was sitting. It was by far one of the best days of my life so far. 


So that brings me up to about the point where I had to make the move here from school. My man and one of my new best friends from my small group (who also happened to be my neighbor) helped me pack up my apartment and load it all into a Uhaul. My parents made it to school to help me with the last of the cleaning and loading of the truck. My dad drove the Uhaul here and my mom went back home because of the animals. My man and I drove my car and we got into ATL at about 3am. My dad got here with the Uhaul at about 7am (he stopped and took naps along the way) and we unloaded the Uhaul, found my towels, showered and then napped.


So really, that about catches me up to present day. Well, at least until I started regularly (sort of) blogging. Speaking of, I've been thinking. I know I've been trying to update weekly but I'm not sure that's working out for me (especially based on the fact it's been a month since I've posted). So I think what I'm going to do is update monthly, and at the end of series at North Point. Like a monthly life update and then a series update. We'll see how it works. At least that's my plan for now.


Also, two more things for this update. 1) I am addicted to Pinterest. 2) My goal for 2012 is to read 52 books. I've added a book list page, so if you have any recommendations, I would love to hear them from you. I'm open to almost anything. I'd rather avoid lots of biographies, politics, and factual history. One or two would be okay, but they aren't exactly the most interesting books (in my opinion). 


Anyway. Look for more updates from me, once in a while, and eventually crossing off books on my list. Maybe I'll do some book reviews as well. 


Until next time, dear reader. And thanks for sticking with me. I wasn't sure if I was going to update, but a very good friend of me told me the other evening that she missed reading my updates. So she's the reason I updated this evening. So thank you to her for giving me the desire to write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment